Maya OS is expected to be used by the Indian Government
The Indian Ministry of Defence has developed a new operating system called Maya OS, which is designed to be more secure and reliable than Windows. Maya OS is based on Ubuntu, a popular Linux distribution, and it includes a number of features that are specifically designed to protect against cyber attacks.
- Chakravyuh: Chakravyuh is an end-point security solution that provides real-time protection against malware and other threats. It uses a combination of signature-based and behavior-based detection techniques to identify and block malicious software.
- Full disk encryption: Supports full disk encryption, which protects all of the data on the computer from unauthorized access. This is a critical feature for protecting sensitive government data.
- Digital signature: Supports digital signatures, which can be used to verify the authenticity of software and documents. This helps to prevent malware and other malicious software from being installed on the computer.
- Biometric authentication: Supports biometric authentication, such as fingerprint scanning, which can be used to secure access to the computer. This helps to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to the computer.
- Cloud storage integration: Integrates with cloud storage services, such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive, which makes it easy to back up data and share files with others.
Maya OS is still under development, but it is expected to be rolled out to all government computers in India by the end of 2023. The development of Maya OS is a major step forward for India’s cybersecurity, and it is a significant achievement for the Indian government.
Please be aware the word “Maya” is deeply rooted in Indian philosophy.
It is important to note that Maya OS is not a replacement for Windows. It is designed to be used in conjunction with Windows, and it is not compatible with all software that is designed for Windows. However, Maya OS is a valuable option for organizations that are looking for a more secure and reliable operating system.