Cyber Security Protect yourself
Cyber Security Protect yourself by safe browsing
- Most people use Windows as an operating system for work or personal use on their laptops or desktops.
- Mac OS, Linux, and Android are the other operating systems widely used.
- IOS and Android Mobile phone security prefer to have an endpoint security app installed.
- Subscribe to a preferred identity protection provider.
- Since the context here is security, let’s check the impact items to focus on, they are given below
- The firewall on your laptop/Desktop.
- Web Browser.
- Email application.
- Endpoint Security software. (aka Antivirus in the olden days)
Please ensure the following always.
- Backup, have a backup in place to come out from a worst-case scenario
- Ensure the firewall is active constantly.
- Update the browser application regularly, this helps in preventing any exploits that the browser application provider patches.
- Update your Endpoint security software, usually, endpoint security will have a default configuration of auto-updating itself.
- Ensure endpoint security is running all the time.
- User behavior and safe browsing is the most critical factor, if you are not cautious to double check opening documents, pdf files, excel files, and links, you will be vulnerable.
For more cyber security topics click here