Cybercrime stories from Nuh, Haryana India
- In April 2023, the police arrested 66 people in connection with a massive cyber fraud racket. The accused had duped people across the country of around Rs 100 crore. They used a variety of techniques to scam people, including phishing, vishing, and pharming.
- In May 2023, the police arrested a man for allegedly hacking into the website of a government school in Nuh. The accused had changed the school’s website and replaced it with a fake one. He had also threatened to leak the school’s confidential data if the school did not pay him a ransom.
- In June 2023, the police arrested a group of people for allegedly running a fake call center in Nuh. The accused had posed as employees of various government departments and duped people by asking them for their personal information.
These are just a few examples of the cyber crimes that have been reported in Nuh in recent months. The police are urging people to be aware of the dangers of cybercrime and to take steps to protect themselves.
Here are some tips to protect yourself from cybercrime:
- Do not click on links in emails or text messages from unknown senders.
- Do not share your personal information, such as your bank account number or Aadhar number, with anyone you do not know and trust.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Keep your computer’s software up to date.
- Use a firewall and antivirus software.
- Be careful about what information you post on social media.
If you think you have been a victim of cybercrime, report it to the police immediately.